Portsmouth Music and Arts Center seeks a visual artist and educator to oversee PMAC’s Saturday Youth Open Art Studio. Open Art Studio is a drop-in workshop held weekly, where children with a parent or caregiver create a self-directed visual arts project using supplies from PMAC’s art studio.
Reporting to the Director of Education, duties are as follows:
- Oversee weekly Open Art Studio hours onsite at PMAC (973 Islington St. Portsmouth) from 1:00-3:00pm Saturdays Oct. 5-Dec.14 and Mar. 7-May 9
- Friendly and professional demeanor when welcoming families
- Assist families with their projects when needed
- Understand PMAC’s art offerings in order to answer questions about other classes and lessons
- Set up before each class and clean/organize art studio classroom at conclusion of Open Art Studio
- Manage and maintain inventory of Open Art Studio art supplies with support of administrative staff.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 1+ years of undergraduate study in visual art, graphic design, digital animation or art education. Experience working and teaching in a non-profit, community center, or classroom setting preferred. Candidates must have working knowledge of basic art mediums such as drawing, painting and basic multimedia. The Coordinator should be professional, friendly, and reliable.
The Portsmouth Music and Arts Center (PMAC) is a multi-faceted arts school serving all ages and abilities. In addition to individual instruction in music and visual arts, PMAC offers ensembles, classes, summer camps, and community arts outreach programs, along with live music performances and art exhibitions by both students and professionals. PMAC addresses the need for arts education in the greater Seacoast region by providing high quality instruction that compliments the offerings in our local public and private schools. In addition, we meet the needs of students of all ages, regardless of skill level or aspiration. PMAC offers cultural opportunities to all people regardless of their age, ability, or economic status, and continually strives to build community through the arts.
Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Open Art Studio”: attn: Michelle Shoemaker, Director of Education, Portsmouth Music and Arts Center. No phone calls or walk-in inquiries please.
PMAC respects, values, and welcomes diversity in our workplace. We welcome candidates of varied backgrounds, capabilities, perspectives, social identities, and gender expressions. PMAC is an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.